Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Why I Still Love Charlie Brown

I was very bummed out this morning. I had to miss the MOPS annual Christmas Brunch and was not happy about it. My two-year old had a very important appointment and even though I was where I needed to be, my thoughts were with all of you.
Unfortunately, the misery did not stop there. I forgot my umbrella and it rained. I had no checks left in my checkbook when I got to Publix. My two-year old would not nap. I could go on.....
FINALLY at 8:00pm, I sat down to watch what was bumped from the viewing schedule last Tuesday night. Yes, I LOVE Charlie Brown and it was worth the wait. I have always loved this 30 minute show that is older than me. Do you know why? Because it boldly states the gospel of Luke in the show. It states it without apology. It ignores political correctness. It just says it all.
Can you imagine that show being produced for the first time in 2009? Sadly, it would not make the network lineup. The fact that it is still shown on one of the "big three" networks gives me a glimmer of hope.
Yes, I missed all of you today. I do hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. And I want to thank the wonderful soul who put the video of "Santa Baby" on facebook. That made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment