Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Friends for a Season?

Linda's talk today got me to thinking about the friends I have had over the course of the years.
When I was young my friends were mainly comprised of my classmates and my cousins. I have since lost touch with many of those friends, including some of my cousins. Different paths caused that.
After college, I found most of my friends were people that I worked with. We had lots in common and enjoyed each other tremendously. But then, one by one, we started families and hung out less and less.
Now that I am a mommy, I realize that most of my friends are mommies also. We are going through the same season in our lives and that creates a natural bond between us.
As we go through different seasons of our lives we are always surrounded by friends. The friends often change, but the importance of those friendships doesn't. Enjoy the friendships you have now, invest deeply in them and enjoy them. Don't despair over friendships that are no longer, instead cherish the memories and be grateful that you had them.
It is true...that a rare one or two friendships will withstand the test of time and carry over from season to season. Treasure those friendships for they are priceless.
I am glad that I am your friend in this season of our lives...and I hope to carry our friendship on as we continue to move towards the next season. But if our friendship ends with this season I can honestly say, that I will always cherish it.
Michelle
P.S. Dana...I love you girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment