Sunday, January 24, 2010

Resolution Check-In...Adios to Sweet Tea

Yikes!

January is almost behind us! I hope you all have had a great start to 2010. How are those resolutions going? I have heard of great progress for many of you.
I really enjoyed hearing William speak to us at our first MOPS meeting of 2010. I was so impressed with his dedication to achieving health that I decided to make a few small changes. I am proud to report that I have not had a sweet tea in two weeks. Now if you know me, you know that this is MAJOR! I love iced tea. I crave it. I will knock people down to get it. I like all types of tea and I drink a lot of the unsweetened variety. McDonalds, however, has this great big tea for a buck that became my downfall about a year ago. I discovered how easy it was to swing by and grab one before going to the pool or to a meeting or anyplace else. It became a pleasure that was too easily obtained. Do you have any idea how much sugar is in the stuff? LOADS!

So, it was with great trepidation that I decided I needed to cut out this extra sugar after being inspired by William. I needed to get back to my unsweetened tea and increase my water intake. Well, it has not been easy but I have made it so far. I actually don't miss it as much as I thought I would. I have been experimenting with different types of mint teas which add a zing to the unsweetened stuff. I can report that I am not craving sugar as much as before.

So ladies, it really starts with the little things! What is next? I don't know yet. I have been working on that ice cream love affair also. Now if I could just get motivated to MOVE THE BODY!!! I would love to hear more about the little changes that are having a big impact on your life.

This week we will get back to our normal meeting schedule with our second January meeting, so don't forget! We will have our yummy food provided by discussion groups and Kristen has a great craft planned. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment