Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wrapping Up a Great Day!

I don't know about you, but today's meeting was like a great shot of energy. I think we must have had one of our largest MOPS crowds and on a cold, January day that is a BIG DEAL!

I have to give a shoutout to Jan Kneeland who talked about encouragement. I find that going to the Bible not only provides comfort in difficult times and direction for living, but also encouragement that I need. I need to look to God for my encouragement. Too often I look to other people and things of this world to keep me going. How about you? As mothers, we look for power that WE have and we fall short. We worry about the end result instead of trusting God to work things out in his timing. And his timing is perfect!

Thanks also to Ann Marie for helping many of us get the "right fit." I wish she could have seen that initial stampede to the bathroom. Many of us have been living with "girls in need of a lift" and this was certainly a needed event!

Our craft was great as usual, the food was yummy and I had the opportunity to hear compliments from both of our visiting moms because I sat beside them. They could feel the love and support we all have for each other and that is what MOPS is all about.

Let me leave you with the words from Phillipians 1:6 Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ.

Love to all,
Jerri Lyn

* Look for more good stuff from Jan in our next MOPS Messenger!

No comments:

Post a Comment